Friday, May 25, 2007

Question 7


* entry of your choice

I think that George Orwell's 1984 novel was interesting. The only other book I read like 1984 was Fahrenheit 451, and even though they are similar types of books, 1984 was much better. When I first saw the book, I wasn't going to choose it because it was the thickest book out of the choices I had. I was going to read Animal Farm instead, but there weren't anymore books left, so I chose 1984. After reading it, I learned not to judge a book on how thick and long it is because I actually enjoyed it. The way George Orwell writes is easy for me to understand, and the story doesn't seem so long. Unlike Fahrenheit 451, 1984 was a fast moving novel, which made it feel like the book was really thin and short. Although I don't read these kind of books on my own time for fun, I would love to read 1984 one more time. I really like this book because it makes me wonder if life might become like that one day. It is also fun because I can relate to Winston because he wants what I have, and if I were in his position, I would also want what I have now. This novel scared me because it reminded me of how this might be what it is like in parts of the world today like North Korea. After reading this novel, I feel really thankful for the freedom I have. It is a great book!

No comments: